Direct and Indirect Benefits from No/Low-code Platforms
This is part II of a series on the value, benefits and ROI of Business Process Application platforms, and the first post can be found here: BPA Platform Value – The Before.
In the previous post, we discussed the advantages to using a low/no-code platform to deliver apps faster to business users, and reduce the IT backlog. Once the apps get into production, there is a huge impact on business performance, and this is where typical value is associated with efficiency and productivity. There are two types of benefits that are provided in this phase, direct and indirect. Below is a summary of both:
Direct and Measurable Benefits of BPA/BPM
- IMPROVEMENTS IN EFFICIENCY AND PRODUCTIVITY
- REDUCTION IN REWORK, ERRORS AND PROCESS FAILURE (QUALITY IMPROVEMENT)
- REDUCTION IN REQUIRED STAFFING THROUGH AUTOMATION AND PROCESS TUNING
- RISK MITIGATION
- INSIGHT FOR CONTINUOUS PROCESS IMPROVEMENT AND ANALYSIS
Indirect Benefits of BPA/BPM
- CENTRALIZED CONTROL AND MANAGEMENT OF ALL BUSINESS PROCESSES
- ENHANCED COMPLIANCE
- SIMPLIFIED AND CENTRALIZED AUDIT CAPABILITIES
- IMPROVED COLLABORATION
- GREATER ALIGNMENT OF IT WITH BUSINESS REQUIREMENTS
In the above image, there are a few examples of some hard numbers on savings through process efficiency. You can read more here: BPM/BPA Case Studies.